Update - the nylon skin is 7-ounce weight.
Selling a Cape Falcon SC-1 SOF kayak, length 13’9”, beam 23½”, weight 33 pounds. It was made by me in a class in Oregon in 2007. The boat includes a Snap Dragon backband and neo/nylon sprayskirt, CLC Happy Bottom pad notched to fit frame (plus original pad), fore and aft Spirit Line float bags, deck light with custom acrylic plate to mount on stern. The original latigo was replaced with nylon carry handles, reflective deck lines to carry a spare paddle, a painter and some bungee around the cockpit (the bungee is due to be replaced).
The boat is a pleasure to paddle, handling most types of water well, like its inspiration the Mariner Coaster. It responds well to leans, has good glide, creates a minimal wake, and is very quiet. The frame and skin are both in good shape, skin shows some minor abrasions. Asking $800, cash preferred, I’m only selling due to back trouble. The boat is in Throgs Neck (Bronx), but I can travel in the vicinity of NYC.
• Photos here: https://paddling.com/classifieds/cape-falcon-sc-1-skin-on-frame-sof-2666981
• Designer’s statement here: http://capefalconkayak.com/coaster.html
• Build photos (different class): http://www.capefalconkayak.com/sanfranciscoclass.html
• My (biased) review from 2010: https://paddling.com/gear/cape-falcon-kayaks-sc-1-kayak
Also available if interested:
• Clear WRC Greenland paddle made with the boat, barely used, length 88” by 3¼” (+50$)
• New ballistic nylon skin, 64” wide by 18 feet long (+50$), weight not known, but same as boat.